Following extensive consultation with Public Health England, the British Chiropractic Association and the General Chiropractic Council, we are pleased to let you know that the clinic is now open to patients requiring urgent treatment.
Both of our chiropractors will continue to be available for phone and video consultations – offering advice on pain management, exercises etc – if a face to face appointment is not appropriate for you.
The face of the world has changed and, along with it, a lot of industries and businesses have faced challenges. We at Highfield Chiropractic Clinic have had to look at the way we operate in order to adapt to a world with and post COVID-19. The safety of our patients, our staff and chiropractors is of utmost importance to us.
With this in mind, there will be a few changes implemented when you visit the clinic:
1. Both patients and chiropractors will be required to wear a face mask for appointments. If you do not have a mask of your own, then you can purchase a reusable one from us for £3. This can be worn and washed up to 25 times. Your chiropractor will be wearing a disposable mask, apron and gloves for hygiene purposes and will change these between each patient.
2. Patients will be asked to use hand sanitiser gel as soon as they enter the clinic. Your chiropractor will wash his hands with soap and water between each and every patient. He will also desanitise his treatment couch and room between each patient.
3. Please leave as many accessories in the car as you are able to, eg handbags, watches, jewellery, phones etc. The less you have with you, the less risk there is of contamination.
4. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing eg shorts and t-shirt to your appointment so that you do not unnecessarily need to change into clinic gowns. Gowns will be provided for female patients who require them.
5. Please attend for your appointment on your own. If you are a minor, please only attend for your appointment with one parent or guardian. All other family members/friends will be asked to remain in the car.
6. We are allowing gaps between each patient in order to clean down couches, surfaces, handles etc following each treatment session. Please be patient and bear this in mind when attending for your appointment – we may occasionally not run to time.
7. If you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 , please reschedule your appointment. These include fever > 37.5, persistent cough/sore throat, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, flu-like symptoms or runny nose. Please also reschedule is you have had exposure to anyone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 in the last 14 days or currently positive or awaiting test results for COVID-19. We would also strongly discourage those patients over 70 years of age, in receipt of an NHS shielding letter or with underlying health conditions, from attending for a face to face consultation. However, our chiropractors will be happy to speak with you on the telephone to discuss this further and offer advice.
8. Please only arrive for your appointment a couple of minutes before it’s scheduled start time. On arrival at the clinic, you can expect to have your temperature taken by Infrared thermometer and unfortunately another round of questions to ensure everyone’s safety. You will be asked to read and sign a COVID-19 Consent to Treatment form, which will be kept on your patient file.
9. Our patient toilet and washroom will be out of use, therefore please ensure you have been to the toilet and washed your hands before attending the clinic.
10. Wherever possible please pay by contactless card not cash.
11. You will be asked to leave the clinic via the Pilates studio/rehab door following your appointment, in order to avoid meeting other patients arriving.
Please feel free to contact the clinic if you have any questions. Let’s all stay safe and well.
The Highfield Chiropractic Clinic team