UPDATED 4th January 2021: Following consultation with Public Health England, the British Chiropractic Association and the General Chiropractic Council, we are pleased to let you know that the clinic will remain open as normal to ALL PATIENTS, INCLUDING THOSE ATTENDING FOR ROUTINE/MAINTENANCE VISITS during the new lockdown restrictions.
Please be assured that we are constantly reviewing our working practices in line with Government guidelines and the advice given by our professional bodies in an effort to maintain a safe environment for our patients and staff.
We would like to take the opportunity to continue to reassure all our patients that the clinic remains open, accessible, and most of all, committed to helping our patients during this challenging time.
The face of the world has changed and, along with it, a lot of industries and businesses have faced challenges. We at Highfield Chiropractic Clinic have had to look at the way we operate in order to adapt to a world with and post COVID-19. The safety of our patients, our staff and chiropractors is of utmost importance to us.
With this in mind, there will be a few changes implemented when you visit the clinic:
1. Both patients and chiropractors will be required to wear a face mask for appointments. If you do not have a mask of your own, then you can purchase a disposable one from us for £1. Your chiropractor will be wearing a disposable mask, apron and gloves for hygiene purposes and will change these between each patient.
2. Patients will be asked to use hand sanitiser gel as soon as they enter the clinic. Your chiropractor will wash his hands with soap and water between each and every patient. He will also sanitise his treatment couch and room between each patient.
3. Please leave as many accessories in the car as you are able to, eg handbags, watches, jewellery, phones etc. The less you have with you, the less risk there is of contamination.
4. Please attend for your appointment on your own wherever possible. If you are a minor, please only attend for your appointment with one parent or guardian. All other family members/friends will be asked to remain in the car.
5. We are allowing gaps between each patient in order to clean down couches, instruments, surfaces, door handles etc following each treatment session. Please be patient and bear this in mind when attending for your appointment – we may occasionally not run to time.
6. If you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 , please reschedule your appointment. These include a high temperature, a new and continuous cough, flu-like symptoms or loss or change of sense of taste and/or smell.. Please also reschedule if you have had exposure to anyone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 in the last 14 days or are currently positive or awaiting test results for COVID-19.
7. Please only arrive for your appointment a few minutes before its scheduled start time. On arrival at the clinic, you can expect to have your temperature taken by Infrared thermometer and unfortunately another round of questions to ensure everyone’s safety. You will be asked to read and agree to the COVID-19 Consent to Treatment form, which will be kept on your patient file.
8. Whenever possible, please pay by contactless card, not by cash/cheque.
Please feel free to contact the clinic if you have any questions. Let’s all stay safe and well.
The Highfield Chiropractic Clinic team