UPDATED 11th JUNE 2020: Following extensive consultation with Public Health England, the British Chiropractic Association and the General Chiropractic Council, we are pleased to let you know that the clinic is now open to ALL PATIENTS, INCLUDING THOSE ATTENDING FOR ROUTINE/MAINTENANCE VISITS.
Both of our chiropractors will continue to be available for phone and video consultations – offering advice on pain management, exercises etc – if a face to face appointment is not appropriate for you.
The face of the world has changed and, along with it, a lot of industries and businesses have faced challenges. We at Highfield Chiropractic Clinic have had to look at the way we operate in order to adapt to a world with and post COVID-19. The safety of our patients, our staff and chiropractors is of utmost importance to us.
With this in mind, there will be a few changes implemented when you visit the clinic:
1. Both patients and chiropractors will be required to wear a face mask for appointments. If you do not have a mask of your own, then you can purchase a disposable one from us for £1. Your chiropractor will be wearing a disposable mask, apron and gloves for hygiene purposes and will change these between each patient.
2. Patients will be asked to use hand sanitiser gel as soon as they enter the clinic. Your chiropractor will wash his hands with soap and water between each and every patient. He will also sanitise his treatment couch and room between each patient.
3. Please leave as many accessories in the car as you are able to, eg handbags, watches, jewellery, phones etc. The less you have with you, the less risk there is of contamination.
4. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing eg shorts and t-shirt/leggings/jogging bottoms to your appointment so that you do not unnecessarily need to change into clinic gowns. Gowns will be provided for female patients who require them.
5. Please attend for your appointment on your own wherever possible. If you are a minor, please only attend for your appointment with one parent or guardian. All other family members/friends will be asked to remain in the car.
6. We are allowing gaps between each patient in order to clean down couches, instruments, surfaces, door handles etc following each treatment session. Please be patient and bear this in mind when attending for your appointment – we may occasionally not run to time.
7. If you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 , please reschedule your appointment. These include fever > 37.5, persistent cough/sore throat, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, flu-like symptoms or runny nose. Please also reschedule if you have had exposure to anyone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 in the last 14 days or are currently positive or awaiting test results for COVID-19. We would also strongly discourage those patients in receipt of an NHS shielding letter from attending for a face to face consultation. However, our chiropractors will be happy to speak with you on the telephone to discuss this further and offer advice.
8. Please only arrive for your appointment a couple of minutes before its scheduled start time. On arrival at the clinic, you can expect to have your temperature taken by Infrared thermometer and unfortunately another round of questions to ensure everyone’s safety. You will be asked to read and agree to the COVID-19 Consent to Treatment form, which will be kept on your patient file.
9. Our patient toilet and washroom will be out of use, so please ensure that you have been to the toilet and washed your hands before attending the clinic.
10. Whenever possible, please pay by contactless card, not by cash/cheque.
11. You will be asked to leave the clinic via the Pilates studio/rehab door following your appointment, in order to avoid meeting other patients arriving.
Please feel free to contact the clinic if you have any questions. Let’s all stay safe and well.
The Highfield Chiropractic Clinic team